The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd and is one of Australia's leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries.
BTP are looking for driven and focused Rebuild mechanics that want to take the next step into a workshop leading hand role. The successful candidate will embark on a training and development program to learn how to communicate effectively as a workplace leader, mentor a team, lead effectively and develop work priorities among other units.
Reporting to the Rebuild Centre Supervisor as part of the front-line leadership team of 4, the successful candidate’s prime function will be to lead the components section providing hands on guidance and assistance to the mechanics and apprentices.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Promote workplace safety
- Perform the duties as required of a rebuild mechanic
- Mentor staff under your direct supervision and lead by example
- Execute on the production plan to maintain job continuity
- Maintain high quality standards within the team
- Promote and support continuous improvement
- Responsibly administer delegated authority
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Appropriate Automotive or Engineering Trade Certificate essential
- Minimum 5 years post trade experience.
- Caterpillar Component Rebuild experience essential.
- Firm understanding of CAT SIS & ET systems, MS Excel and MS Word
- LF & DG essential
Rewards on Offer:
- Obtain a Certificate IV in leadership and Management through a full company funded training program.
- The job security that comes with a permanent, full time position
- Competitive hourly rate with Super paid on all hours worked
- Potential for Career Advancement Locally and Interstate within the Ausdrill Group
- Private Health Cover discounts with multiple providers
- Company recommended superannuation with built-in income protection (optional)
- Company Novated Vehicle Leasing options
- Access to Corporate Leisure Team for personal travel and accommodation discounts.
- Cash referral program.
- Ticket opportunities to big events and sporting matches.
Successful applicants will be required to complete, and pass fit for work medicals, drugs and alcohol test, complete company and client induction requirements.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants