African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited, a publicly listed Australian Company (ASX: ASL).
We are seeking expressions of interest from suitably experienced Project Managers to join our team in West Africa. We seek someone with a reputation for achieving results, the ability to prioritise and organise activities to ensure positive monthly performance results.
As a Project Manager you will report directly to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for managing the day to day mining operations.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Leading systems based safety on the project
- Management and control of mining activities to achieve the clients mining plans within budgeted cost parameters
- Management and development of up to 500 personnel on site
- Management of client / company contract relationships
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate a successful career history in large scale mining operations including:
- Tertiary qualification in Mine or Civil Engineering
- At least 7 years Senior Project Management experience in a similar mining role
- Strong systems based safety approach
- Strong communication skills
- Restricted or unrestricted quarry manager ticket
- Ability to analyse and manage budgets
- Proven leadership skills with a solid track record of dealing with challenging union leadership
- Some competency in French is desirable (not essential)
We will offer a competitive expatriate package comprising of salary, travel, messing, accommodation and insurance on single status. Work roster offered is 7 weeks in Africa, 3 weeks R & R with travel to your point of hire.