The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd and is one of Australia's leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries.
BTP based in Hazelmere currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced and trade certified Machinist/Manual Lathe Operator to join a busy workshop.
The prime function of this role is to carryout repairs to earthmoving equipment and related products including Hydraulic cylinders and components.
Successful applicants must be prepared to work evening shift work between the hours of 2pm and 230am.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Operate machinery required to repair earthmoving equipment, components and related products including Manual Lathe, Milling Machine and vertical Borer operations.
- Mentoring apprentices.
- Ensure machines are all running productively, monitoring set up & down times to produce parts as efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with Leading Hand/Senior Programmer to order tooling required for the job.
- Operate equipment in line with all Ausdrill/BTP OH&S regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Experience / Qualifications required:
- Trade Certificate is essential
- Experience working with Manual Lathes, Milling and Line Boring Machines
- Experience working on CATERPILLAR & KOMATSU component repairs and hydraulic cylinders
- CNC Lathe (Okuma), CNC Horizontal (Fanuc Control), Vertical Borer experience is an advantage
- Current Drivers Licence.
- FL & DG licence an advantage.
Rewards on Offer:
- The job security that comes with a permanent, full time position
- Competitive hourly rate with Super paid on all hours worked
- Potential for Career Advancement Locally and Interstate within the Ausdrill Group
- Private Health Cover discounts with multiple providers
- Company recommended superannuation with built-in income protection (optional)
- Company Novated Vehicle Leasing options
- Access to Corporate Leisure Team for personal travel and accommodation discounts.
Successful applicants will be required to successfully complete our fit for work medicals, drug and alcohol test, and complete both company and client induction requirements.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants, genuine applicants are encouraged to apply directly.