Contract Mining Open Pit Gold
African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Limited.
We are seeking Expressions of Interest from highly experienced Sandvik Pantera skilled Drill Maintenance Superintendents to join our team in West Africa. A fantastic expatriate opportunity, we seek high level candidates to supervise the Drill Maintenance function with an emphasis on assisting all the sites maintenance to minimize equipment downtime.
Your primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Equipment maintenance activities; adhering to scheduled and continuous maintenance plans, coordination of activities to support decision making to maximize productivity
- Ensuring all deadlines are met with meticulous prioritization skills
- Monitoring and maintaining all costs and budgets are within the scope of works; ensuring costs associated with all major maintenance including rebuilds are provided in a way to effectively report and analyse costs and any variances
- Team management; providing relief site supervision where required, mentoring staff to ensure all maintenance processes are completed in alignment with AMS practices and maintaining relationships with key AMS stakeholders and suppliers
- Health and Safety; Promoting a safe working environment
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate a successful career history in large scale mining operations with:
- Trade Certificate in Heavy Duty Equipment and drilling machines
- Management certification
- At least 7 years working experience in a Drilling environment with extensive Sandvik Pantera exposure
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role in the mining industry
- Exemplary drill mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic diagnostic and repair skills
- Strong Focus on safety- First Aid Certificate regarded
- Ability to work in adverse conditions, under pressure and in isolated areas
- Patience in training, communicating and monitoring subordinates under your supervision
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage your own time to produce results
- Able to think laterally with restrictions associated with working in Africa
- Experienced in working in Africa or Under-developed countries
- Fluent command of the French language is highly regarded
We will offer a competitive expatriate package comprising of salary, travel, messing, accommodation and insurance on single status. Work rosters will be offered on 7 weeks in Africa, 3 weeks R & R with travel to your point of hire.
Genuine candidates who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply direct to this advertisement.