The Ausdrill Group is an ASX 200 listed Company and Australia’s second largest integrated mining services provider. As a global mining service business, we have interests in surface and underground mining, exploration, mine development, mineral analysis, procurement & logistics and equipment maintenance. We employ more than 7000 people and have operations in Australia, Africa, India Egypt and the United Kingdom.
Ausdrill Group now seeks to engage an enthusiastic Data Architect eager to Be part of a team that is shaping our conceptual and logical database models.
the successful candidate will be responsible for developing database solutions to ensure company information is stored and retrieved effectively and securely, ensure data assets are designed well, captured for quality, stored for efficiency, documented for ease of use and delivered reliably, to ensure data remains harmonised across its ecosystem to deliver multiple benefits for our business.
Key Responsibilities of the Data Architect will include;
- Review, interpret and respond to detailed business requirements specifications to ensure alignment between customer expectations and current or future ICT capability
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organise information systems to guarantee company functionality.
- Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Staff training and support on the new systems.
Experience/Qualifications that you bring to the team;
- 5+ years’ experience in ICT role or similar
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or relevant industry experience is a plus
- Solid and proven understanding of mining operational IT challenges
- Strong knowledge of database structure systems and data mining.
- exposure to different data platforms (including SAP HANA, Oracle RDBM, SQL Server and cloud-based repositories)
- extensive experience working in Enterprise Data Platforms with advanced skills utilising data modelling practices.
The successful applicant will be part of a dedicated and enthusiastic team with a leading Contract Mining Company. We promote an inclusive and collaborative culture at Ausdrill. Our Employee Benefit program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts and travel/accommodation benefits as well as our unique Ausdrill Way employee crisis fund.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Recruitment agencies need not apply on behalf of applicants